Clime is a value-based fund manager that specialises in absolute-return objective-based investing.
Through rigorous fundamental analysis, Clime seeks to invest in a range of high-quality Australian equities (listed and unlisted) and cash. All holdings are subjected to our disciplined qualitative and quantitative team-based selection process. Portfolio returns are expected to be incrementally enhanced via franking credits on dividends.
The Fund will invest in securities that are outside of the S&P/ASX200 Index at the time of initial investment.
Clime seeks to identify high-quality securities issued by businesses, which contain most, if not all, of the following characteristics:
- A competitive advantage or leadership within a specific niche;
- A strong balance sheet and/or strong history of cash flow generation enabling the business to service debt and pay distributions comfortably;
- A high cash return on equity;
- Relatively low capital requirements allowing a business to generate cash while growing;
- Highly capable management team aligned with creating shareholder value;
- Genuine growth in an investing environment where reasonably priced growth is scarce; and
- Can be purchased at appropriate prices